Older magazines such as Mode, Big Beautiful, and Radiance are no longer in print production and seemingly struggle to keep the online magazine going? One can imagine with a name like Emme, figuresmagazine her now defunct Mode magazine would’ve had some staying power, but it didn’t. Radiance had a 16 year streak that came to a halt in December of 2000.
I think about the growing number of aspiring plus size models and the number of experienced plus models who seem to run circles around the other models for every spread and catwalk there is. Who is going to feature all of them? Are they destined to be an internet model? As we continue to see images of real woman in the media (good and bad), will this be a growing problem or a huge opportunity? Demand is certainly greater than supply, so naturally I see it as a huge opportunity. Here are just a few ideas I’d like to share with you if you’re considering publishing a magazine of your own: commitmagazine
* If Advertising is your only form of revenue, think again. I’m pretty sure that most if not all of the plus magazines today are close to broke because they depend heavily on advertising. It make sense why most of them are available online.Putting your eggs in one basket is never a good idea when it comes to investing in stocks or a business or even in clients. Product reviews, sponsored articles, and an affiliate program are just a few ways to diversify your income if done correctly. youngmagazines
* Revamp the magazine business model. While it is great to gain support from other plus size businesses, there are ways you can use your creativity and apply different business models to keep your magazine running and stand out from the crowd. For example, there are magazines that are doing exceptionally well because they offer premium content to their readers. I know of a magazine that provides consulting services where the magazines itself is offered as an added bonus. There’s also another magazine that provides a bonus CD featuring interviews with very successful entrepreneurs as a bonus for your subscription. Is that something you can apply to your magazine? Absolutely! Think about what would your readers pay a few extra dollars to have access to… leadersmagazine
* Leverage your resources. There are plenty of models as previously mentioned who would love to be featured and land a cover. Why not grant them the opportunity? If you keep up with plus fashion, you’ll know that the lines are always out the door for full-figured models. Attend model calls to network and you might just land a cover model of your own. There are writers and editors who are as passionate if not more passionate about the plus size community than you are. Why not feature their work and have them contribute regularly to your magazine? There are photographers and fashion directors who would love to launch their own photo shoot. Do you have room to give them such an opportunity?If so, why not? You have to be proactive about making your magazine for the people by the people. After all, they’re the ones who are investing in it each and every single month. Glamour and Seventeen magazine are just a couple of examples that know how to get their readers and communities involved.
* Spread the word about your magazine. Are you reaching out to bloggers and PR personnels to help spread the word about all the great things you are doing with your magazine? Many business owners spend a lot of time creating content but not enough on marketing. Don’t let your magazine flop because no one knows about it. Join the Unleash Your Magnificence & Marketing online workshop to get the inside scoop on how you can spread the word using marketing techniques that have proven to work. Today’s technology makes it so easy for you to tell everyone about your magazine even before you’ve written one single article! It doesn’t matter how great your magazine is, if no one knows about it, it’s not worth anything. Make marketing a priority. For more info please visit these sites:- https://businessavers.com/
* Provide valuable content. Probably the number one reason that most magazines don’t survive because they simply do not provide unique and exciting content. How many online magazines have you read that features the same story as People Magazine or TMZ? Celebrities are fun to watch but there are some stars in the plus size community who would be honored if you would just shine the spotlight in their direction. There are stories being told every day that you can tap into if you simply listen to the market. It requires a little bit of investigation and a lot of networking to get access to hot stories. Why not, do the extra leg work to bring something fresh to your readers? Where do you find valuable content? Well, when was the last time you conducted a survey or sent out an email to find out what you’re readers would like to learn from you? How many testimonials have you received lately telling you what they loved about your magazine? If you are not getting feedback then chances are, you are not creating something worth talking about. Social media outlets such as twitter, facebook, and blogs make it easy for you to identify what interests your readers. Craft those interests together in a pretty package and give your reader content they’ve been waiting for.